Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hillary

He watched me as I slept and waited for me to move. I saw him. I heard him. “I’ve seen this before, when my kind woke from the dead, but she wasn’t a vampire. What was she?” He whispered to himself. Then I woke her. Hillary Somers woke up, gasping for air. It was as if this was the first time this had happened to me, but he knew it wasn’t. “Who are you?” he asked. “I’m Hillary Somers,” I replied as I blinked again. I listened to his mind as he thought about me. He thought I was enchanting. He described me as a starlet from the 40’s with brown hair that settled into a bang on my forehead. I had big blue eyes, with shoulder length cascading hair, and huge red lips. He searched my eyes although he wanted to avoid me. Hillary Somers was terrified; she knew what he was. I whispered to her. “Don’t be afraid, we can’t feed off humans, only other vampires,” he said. “I’m Dr. Dante Ferreti, are you a Somers witch?” he ventured cautiously. I was shocked he knew of my family. “My family yes and you work at the university?” I asked. “Yes,” he replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment